When you are a full member, have paid your member subscription and are eligible to sing at concerts, you will need the following choir uniforms.
- Formal concerts – floaty top, smart tailored full-length black trousers or full-length straight plain black skirt, black V neck top, choir pendant, sheer black pop socks or tights and closed in black shoes. No boots or sandals.
- General concerts – all smart black of choice, with a touch of appropriate colour (decided beforehand). Black or flesh coloured tights/pop socks with sandals or closed in shoes. No boots.
- Casual – smart tailored full-length black trousers or full-length straight plain black skirt, plain black top with ¾ or long sleeves (v neck or round), choir pendant, choir scarf, sheer black pop socks or tights and closed in black shoes. No boots or sandals.
- Black fleece with our logo.
- Gold ribbon corsage – issued free of charge but please take care of it. If you lose or damage it, you will be charged for its replacement. (£3)
- Teal scarf – issued free of charge but please take care of it. If you lose or damage it, you will be charged for its replacement. (£3)
You may like to carry a small black clutch-bag but please be aware that you may also be carrying a music folder.
Please note the following items should not be worn: black jeans, jeggings or leggings, short sleeved tops with Casual Uniform, long or large earrings (small studs only). Except for General Concerts, all black tops should be plain with no lace, frills or embellishments.
Please note that the choir only provides the floaty top, 2 scarves, pendant, gold ribbon corsage and black fleece. A deposit is taken of £10 for the floaty top & red/gold scarf and £5 for the fleece. The pendant is free of charge and should be worn with your own gold necklace, 1” above the V. No other necklaces should be worn – cost of replacement £5.50. The gold ribbon corsage and the teal scarf are also free of charge. These items are the property of the choir and in the event that you leave the choir, you will need to return them to Linda Martin (Membership Secretary) who will arrange for your deposits to be refunded.
Please see Kathleen Curtis (Treasurer) to make a payment for all uniform items and then Margaret Tickle (Mezzo section) to order your floaty top, scarves and your black fleece.
Please see Linda Martin (Membership Secretary – Alto section) for your choir pendant and gold ribbon corsage.
Rules applying to uniforms:
Our choir pendant must be worn with the Formal and Casual uniform. This should be the only visible jewellery with the exception of a watch and possibly SMALL ear studs.
Leg wear for Formal and Casual uniforms to be either sheer black tights or stockings. Sheer black knee-highs may only be worn with trousers. (Please – no bare legs or flesh coloured tights/pop-socks/socks). Closed in black shoes (no sandals or boots). For General Concerts, see above.
Before each concert, you will advised which uniform we will be wearing.
Thank you for your co-operation with the uniform rules. This helps us to establish a professional image – a choir to be seen as well as heard.